Hannes Caspar Portraits



Hannes Caspar is a photographer based in Berlin, Germany. The majority of his work is centred around the human form, particularly the female form, in which he uses simplistic compositions to bring attention to the finer details.

I'm particularly fond of his portraits, especially the first two I have shown. His use of grayscale draws attention to the freckles in the models' faces and is truly breathtaking.

In his own words, he is fascinated by "making the aura of a person visible with just a few means. Often the small details tell the story. I work with all the possibilities a photographer has." [1] . He has also recently preferred using analogue cameras to bring his work to life. 

I love the delicacy in the final three images, and the way he has used shadows, silhouettes and light textures such as curtains, to create such elegant images. 

The final image made me consider how I could use silhouettes and shadows in my own portraits, to create a more visually interesting photograph. 

[1] Hannes Caspar Interview with Navares Fine Art 
All images are taken from www.hannescaspar.com

No comments