Wengenn in Wonderland by Sioin Queenie Liao






  • Sioin Queene Liao has a passion for fairytales and enjoyed indulging in the illustrations as a child
  • Uses those fairytales as bases for her compositions
  • Draws inspiration from Anne Geddes
  • In her own words "Every day just before Wengenn’s nap, I would imagine him being the main character in one of my favorite episodes, and “paint” a background setting with plain clothes, stuffed animals, and other common household materials, just like how an artist would with her paint brushes. After Wengenn fell asleep, I would place him at the center of the theme I’d created and start taking pictures. My vision was to create a series of photos portraying him exploring his imaginary, enchanting fairytale-like world."
  • There's something incredibly endearing and captivation about Wengenn's images. 
  • The exploration of a child's mind and dreams is presented so well

No comments